artdc Gallery Presents "Emerging from Hyattsville"
Six Hyattsville-area artists showcase their work from July 10 to August 7 at the Lustine Showroom. An opening reception is planned for 7 p.m. on July 16.
Since 2009, artdc has brought Washington, D.C.-area artists into view at the artdc Gallery. They have had great success, and have built a loyal following. However, they haven’t yet created the opportunity to showcase Hyattsville artists as a group.
Now they are making up for lost time, highlighting six Hyattsville artists: Ed Burck, Tom Cardarella, Stevie O' Grady, Joe Rodgers, Ruth Horlick, and yours truly, Chris Suspect.
The show is titled, “Emerging from Hyattsville,” and will include a wide variety of works and materials from the artists. The selections were made by Denise Brown of Hyattsville Community Arts Alliance and Jesse Cohen of artdc.org.
- Ed Burck is a glass artist that creates surfaces with great luminosity.
- Tom Cardarella explores figures and abstraction.
- Stevie O'Grady works in a wide variety of media from glass to paint and beyond.
- Ruth Horlick is a photographer who has created a body of work that captures the social, as well as symbolic expressions of life. Her work often focuses on just portions of graffiti or torn posters.
- Joseph Rodgers is a mixed media artist with an international style and a universal subject mater.
- Chris Suspect is presenting a show in artdc's studio of photography documenting the landscape of Hyattsville with its life and changes.
artdc will be holding the opening reception at the gallery from 7 to 10 p.m. on July 16.
artdc is located at the Lustine Building on Route 1 at 5710 Baltimore Ave, Hyattsville, MD 20781.
De-install: August 7.
Gallery is open by appointment.
For more information please visit www.artdc.com.