City's FY 2012 Budget Process Begins
The city is holding several meetings for residents to become familiar with the proposed budget.
This year's city budget process involves a series of public hearings and meetings. Here's the schedule:
- Feb. 22: Public Meeting: Resident Budget Priorities (The council discussed the budget but did not hold a public meeting because no residents came to speak about the budget).
- March 14 at 7:30 p.m.: Public Hearing: Real Property Tax Rate, Presentation & Overview of FY12 Budget Book;
- March 28 at 8 p.m.: Review Code Enforcement and Police Budgets;
- April 11 at 8 p.m.: Review Community Development and Public Works;
- April 25 at 8 p.m.: Review Recreation & the Arts and Administration;
- May 2 at 7:30 p.m.: Public Hearing: FY12 Budget; and
- May 9 at 8 p.m.: Approval of Budget (tentative).
For more information and to review documents from past budgets, check out the city's website.