Chillum Townhouse Fire Displaces Six
A Sunday evening fire caused $15,000 worth of damage, PGFD reports.
Six people are displaced following a Sunday evening fire inside a Chillum townhome, according to the Prince George's County Fire Department.
Responders were called shortly after 5:30 p.m. to a mid-row townhome at 1830 Avondale Place, said Assistant Chief Ron Bridges, a PGFD spokesman.
The blaze began as a kitchen fire, and the occupants of the home unsuccessfully attempted to put out the flame before calling for help, Bridges said.
No one was injured, but the fire displaced six and caused $15,000 worth of damage, Bridges said.