Five Things You Need To Know Today (The Hy-Five)
About Friday the 13th, beer glasses and evidence.
The weather, it's a changin' today, Hyattsville! Why not make it a Redbox or Blockbuster night after you hit the Summer Jam at City Hall and get a cool glass for your cold beer? Here's five things you need to know today:
1. It’s supposed to be a bit cloudy with a chance of showers today, so don’t forget your umbrella when you head out this morning. If you plan on hitting tonight’s Summer Jam, don’t worry about a downpour ruining your evening. With an inside venue incase of inclement weather, there’s never need for a rain date.
2. You’ll definitely want to check out the Get Out planner that ran on Patch yesterday. There’s a wealth of events this weekend and early next week that you won’t want to miss, including a plant sale and a house tour.
3. The Prince George’s County Police Department showcased its new evidence facility on May 11.The 28,700-square-foot evidence facility includes a new digital imaging management system that will allow officers to securely archive crime scene photographs. The facility has a temperature controlled vehicle processing area that will allow crime scene investigators to process vehicles inside. There are also separate drying facilities for victim and suspect clothing.
4. Today is Friday … the 13th! Does my blonde dog cancel out the effects of my roommate’s black cat today? Do you have superstitions about this day? The Washington Post summarized some of the most popular theories about why people are wary on this day.
5. Looking for a new love? It’s a great time of year to find a mate at the Prince George’s County Animal Shelter. Once you bring your new furry friend home, take him to Heurich Dog Park and meet some playmates. You have a great chance to change her life, and yours!