Oh, wonderful Wednesday! Hyattsville, here are five things you need to know today:
1. Like crabs? There’s a new crab shack in town, err, well, in a nearby town. Joe’s Crab Shack has opened up shop on Rte. 193 in Greenbelt. Some of the restaurant’s signature dishes are crab nachos, classic steam pot crabs, bean town brake, two whole lobsters, blue crab and salmon Orleans. Joe’s is open from 11 a.m. to 1 a.m. Monday through Thursday; and from 11 a.m. to 2 a.m. Friday and Saturday; and from 11 a.m. to midnight on Sunday.
2. Today is Senior Health & Fitness Day. Enjoy a variety of senior health and fitness activities including Tai chi, line dancing, fitness walking, water exercise, swimming, self- defense, chair massages and health screenings. Over 50 exhibitors will be at the Prince George’s County Sports and Learning Complex from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. for this free event for residents age 60 and above.
3. May is Skin Cancer Awareness Month. Check out some tips about how to be safe in the sun and some risk factors for this disease at the Center for Disease Control’s website.
4. From 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at College Park City Hall the Prince George's Blue Ribbon Task Force on Pepco Service Reliability will hold a town hall meeting focusing on customer feedback regarding power outages, restoration of electricity service, priorities for restoring service and Pepco's communications with customers during outages and emergencies.
5. It’s about that time—final exam time. Here’s the exam schedule for DeMatha Catholic High School.