Five Things You Need To Know Today (The Hy-Five)
About using Patch Twitter, a new sign in town and Redbox.
Another Monday in Hyattsville. I feel like I measure my life by Mondays! Here are five things you need to know today:
1. The Prince George’s County Planning Department of The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission has released the 2011 Illustrated Inventory of Historic Sites, a publication that showcases the wealth of historic sites located in Prince George’s County. The Inventory provides a description and photograph of each of the county’s more than 400 designated historic sites. Seventy-eight of these sites are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
2. Have you seen the new sign up at EYA’s Busboys and Poets location? If you drive by, snap a photo and submit it to Patch for a chance to win a gift card to the trendy restaurant once it opens next month. Email photos to email@example.com.
3. Hey gamers, now you can pick up the latest in video entertainment at the local Redbox kiosk. The video vendor is now offering video games nationwide.
4. Did you hear about this? Great honor here for Hyattsville residents.
5. There isn’t another City Council meeting until July 11. Why not use this next month to catch up on all the city news? You can use Patch to help with that. Just type in “City Council” in our homepage’s search function or hit Twitter and search #HyattsvilleCityCouncil for real time updates from the most recent council meetings.