Readers' Gallery: Shenandoah National Park
Visitors can enter a number of national parks for free Saturday.
In honor of National Public Lands Day a number of national parks are offering free admission—including the popular autumnal destination of Shenandoah National Park—according to the U.S. National Park Service.
Add your photos of falls changing colors to our gallery by clicking "Upload photos and videos."
On Sept. 29, visitors will have the $15 entrance fee waived at the park and can enjoy a hike along the waterfalls, a bike ride on the trails and even some photography of wildlife or the changing leaves.
Some Maryland parks are also participating:
- Antietam National Battlefield
- Assateague Island National Seashore
- Chesapeake and Ohio Canal National Historical Park
- Fort McHenry NM and Historic Shrine National Monument
- Fort Washington Park
- Harpers Ferry National Historical Park
For more information about activities at Shenandoah National Park, check out the park service's website.