After far too long an absence, the Hyattsville Crime Map returns this week with reports of a disturbing robbery and an incident of indecent exposure, among others.
The robbery occurred this past Friday, June 22 at the Mall at Prince George's when a taxi cab driver picked up two fares at about 11:45 a.m. The suspects then threatened to harm the cab driver's family if he didn't give them cash. The cab driver was then forced to withdraw money from his bank account before dropping off the suspects at the First United Methodist Church on Belcrest Road.
The suspects fled in an unknown direction. Police did not provide a description of the two suspects in the crime report.
Three days earlier, on June 19, police responded to a call from the 5700 block of 29th Avenue for a report of a man who exposed himself to someone near a laundry room in the Ager Road Station Apartments.
See More on Patch
- Protecting Pedestrians: Montgomery, Prince George's Use Several Measures to Increase Safety
- Top MD Headlines: Demise of Death Penalty, Jayson Blair 10 Years Later, Hogwarts Express
- Top MD Headlines: Husband in Buried Body Case Convicted, Radio Host Ditches Motorcycle, Governor's Football Diplomacy
- Police Searching for Serial Bank Robber
- Top Maryland Headlines: MD on Gun Control, Marijuana Toke or Joke?, Fatal Fire