Hyattsville Set for Halloween
Trick or treating still set for tonight.
The official Hyattsville trick-or-treating hours are tonight from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Motorists are advised to watch out for pedestrians as they go from house to house hunting for candy.
For Trick-or-Treaters and Parents:
- Wear a costume that makes it easy for you to walk in and to be seen in.
- An adult should always accompany smaller children.
- Older children should travel in groups.
- Know the route your child intends to take, and set a time that they should return home.
- Carry a flashlight and make sure that some sort of reflective material is incorporated into the costume.
- Utilize sidewalks when available and try to stay in well-lit areas. Never dart out between parked cars. Always cross at corners and crosswalks.
- An outside light on front of a house is usually a sign that trick-or-treaters are welcome. Avoid going to houses that are not lit.
For Traveling Motorists:
- Drive slowly! Be aware that young trick-or-treaters may dart out from between parked cars.
- Do not drive a vehicle while wearing a mask of any sort. Your visibility could be obscured.
- Stop at all crosswalks.