Patch has Hurricane Sandy covered on the ground throughout Maryland and throughout your neighborhoods in Prince George's County.
We'll have instant updates in the chat from all over Maryland, as well as from the Twitter accounts that bring us the most up-to-date information about the Frankenstorm's whereabouts. School closings, evacuation plans, power outages and road closures—we'll have all of that covered. And we'll mix in some of those unique stories from communities throughout Maryland as the storm makes impact. Even better—you can join in on our coverage: submit photos to our Pics & Clips page, start a Local Voices column to document your experience or post announcements and events on what is happening in your town. You should also follow our new Facebook page, which we set up in advance of Sandy in order to bring you the top news from around the state.
Here is a sampling of some of the stories we've already done on Hurricane Sandy:
- Presidential Declaration Devotes Federal Sources to MD
- Sandy Shutters Monday Metro, MARC Service
- O’Malley: ‘This is a Serious, Killer Storm’
- Federal Officials: 'Time to Act is Now'
- 10 Million May Lose Power in Storm
- Storm Surge, Inland Flooding Expected From Sandy
Stay with Patch for updates throughout the storm—and fill in your email address in the chat window above so we can notify you when the chat has gone live.
See More on Patch
- Free Car Seat Check Wednesday in College Park
- Top Maryland Headlines: Uncles in Montgomery, Landlord Guilty of Peeping, Michelle Obama Comes to Town
- Prince George's Officials Monitor Boston Explosion, But No Threat Seen in County
- PGPD To Host Car Seat Check in Mt. Rainier
- Sobriety Checkpoint in Riverdale Park Saturday