New Pavement Coming to City Streets
Hyattsville roads which are still marred from WSSC work will soon be resurfaced.
Last week, the Hyattsville City Council approved a $240,000 project to cap off the last of a series of milling and paving for streets affected by Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission's water main replacements.
The work will take place on the following streets:
- Jamestown Road from Madison Street to Oliver Street.
- Madison Place from Maryhurst Drive to 31st Place.
- Madison Place and 36th Avenue from Jamestown Road to Manorwood Drive.
- Maryhurst Drive from Madison Street to Nicholson Street.
- 37th Avenue from Nicholson Street to Oliver Street.
Julia McTague, administrative assistant and acting director of Hyattsville's Department of Public Works, said that residents should notice a difference once the work is done.
"I'm sure people who drive on the streets are familiar with the cuts in the streets that make it interesting to drive on," said McTague.