Starting today, Patch will run a new weekly feature called Patch Picks, highlighting editor and reader picks of great local businesses, destinations, services, organizations, ways to spend a day off, and more.
You’ll find useful lists to help you, your family, friends and significant others find the best places for everything from Sunday brunch to New Year’s Eve celebrations, pumpkin patches, date night destinations, florists, girlfriend nights out, kids party places, parks and more.
The List: Super Bowl Hot Spots
● Carolina Kitchen: Want to stick close to home for the Super Bowl this year? University Town Center's destination for southern cuisine is serving up some deals. Enjoy specials on domestic brews and football food like chicken wings and cheeseburgers from 6 p.m. to close.
● National Pastime Sports Bar and Grille: Head on down to National Harbor in Oxon Hill for a "Big-Game Buffet" party. Included in the $45 a person pricetag is an all-you-can-eat buffet, a spot reserved to watch the game on a 30-foot video wall, draft and bucket beer specials and prize giveaways during each quarter. Starts at 5 p.m. Reservations encouraged by calling 301-965-5500.
● McGinty's Public House: Feeling lucky this weekend? Slip on over to Silver Spring for a Super Bowl party at McGinty's Irish pub. Two bars ought to make it easy to load up and enjoy the game.
● White House Super Bowl Party:It's a quick trip on the Metro downtown to see the big game on the big screen at the president's house. This year's party will feature green beer, in honor of the Green Bay Packers who are playing the Pittsburgh Steelers in the Super Bowl this year.
● Buffalo Wild Wings: Just down Baltimore Avenue is the closest thing I have found to a Buffalo wing. With several TVs and lots of energy, Buffalo Wild Wings in College Park is a super place to be to watch the game this weekend.
Want to suggest a list? Submit your idea in the comment box.