A woman received serious, but non-life threatening, injuries after she was struck by a train at the rail crossing on the 4500 block of Decatur Street on the border with Edmonston and Hyattsville.
The incident occurred at around 10 a.m. today. The train, traveling north, came to a stop about 30 feet after the rail crossing. The train was not damaged, but the woman's car was totaled. Firefighters had to cut the woman out of her SUV using heavy equipment.
The woman, described by firefighters as in her 30s, was removed from the car within 30 minutes. She was then transported to the an area trauma center for medical treatment.
See More on Patch
- Top Maryland Headlines: Twitter Trouble, House of Cards in MD, First Lady Inspires
- Firefighters Rescue Dog From Camp Springs Gas Leak
- Top Maryland Headlines: 'Pimp on the Pike' Gets 20 Years, Blogger Slain, Governor's Race Ignites
- Top MD Headlines: Husband in Buried Body Case Convicted, Radio Host Ditches Motorcycle, Governor's Football Diplomacy
- HVFD to Honor Fallen Firefighters