MOM's Organic Market is teaming up with Lancaster Farm Fresh Cooperative (LFFC) to offer a winter CSA! The CSA (community supported agriculture) provides you with a seasonal variety of local, Certified Organic produce from the LFFC network of over 80 Lancaster County family farms.
The 2013 Winter CSA is 12 weeks long. Deliveries will be on Wednesdays, with the first pick-up on January 23rd and the last on April 10th. The deadline for signing up is January 17th. There must be a minimum of 30 shares sold for LFFC to secure MOMs as a drop-off location. If the minimum membership is not met, the CSA will be canceled. So encourage your family, friends, and neighbors to sign up!
There will be three shares to choose from:
Winter Vegetable Share ($250.00)
The Winter Vegetable Share includes 5 - 8 vegetable items per week. Through the cold, dark days of January and February our farmers are still working hard to harvest many root vegetables and other hearty veggies. As we move in to March and April micro-greens and other early spring veggies will begin to show up in the shares. This is a great way to keep organic, locally grown vegetables in your diet throughout Winter. Choose this option if you would like ONLY the winter veggies delivered to your location.
Vegan Value Package ($400.00)
The "Vegan Value Package" is for those looking to keep their diet animal free and to add a little more sustenance to their weekly vegetable share delivery. Included are some great locally sourced products, as well as nationally recognized non-dairy milk options. With this package you can expect a weekly delivery of the 5-8 item Winter Vegetable Share PLUS:
- A loaf of vegan friendly bread (various types of bread throughout season, A Loaf of Bread Bakery, Lancaster, PA)
- 2 vegan friendly items on a rotating basis:
- Tofu (Fresh Tofu, Allentown, PA)
- Seitan (Ray's Seitan, Allentown, PA)
- Veggie Burgers (Asherah's Gourmet, Lancaster, PA)
- LFFC made pantry item (sauerkraut, applesauce, jam, canned peaches, horseradish, or another LFFC farmer made pantry product)
Omnivore Value Package ($470.00)
The "Omnivore Value Package" is for those who would like to add a little more sustenance, variety and surprise to their weekly winter delivery. With this package you can expect a weekly delivery of the 5-8 item Winter Vegetable Share PLUS:
- One LFFC sourced, frozen, grass-fed, non-GMO meat item on a rotating basis (beef cubes, ground beef, bacon, sausage, ham steak, beef patties, or chops)
- One LFFC made pantry item (honey, sauerkraut, applesauce, jam, canned peaches, horseradish, flour, or other LFFC farmer made pantry product)
- One LFFC sourced cheese (goat, cow, or sheep)
To sign up, please visit: http://lancasterfarmfresh.csasignup.com/members/types. Hurry, the deadline is January 17th!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact LFFC at firstname.lastname@example.org or MOMs at 301-220-1100.