Invite a friend
Egg Drop Contest at Aviation Museum
You’ve seen it on television—now, try it yourself! Design and build a device that will protect a large, Grade-A egg from breaking when dropped. If your egg is intact after the official Egg Drop Contest at the College Park Aviation Museum on Saturday, May 12, you could win a prize.
The contest, which will take place from 1 to 3 pm, is open to students in kindergarten through 12th grade, and pre-registration is required. Admission to the museum on the day of the contest is $2 for ages 2-18, $3 for seniors, and $4 for adults. For more information, please contact the museum at 301-864-6029, TTY 301-699-2544.
The College Park Aviation Museum is a facility of The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission’s Department of Parks and Recreation in Prince George’s County, MD, and is located at 1985 Cpl. Frank Scott Drive in College Park, just a short walk from the College Park Metro station on the Green Line.
For more information, see http://www.collegeparkaviationmuseum.com
More About College Park Aviation Museum
The College Park Aviation Museum is located right next door to the College Park Airport. Staff members are more than happy to help teach customers about the history of aviation. Guided tours and $2 tickets for students and children help keep this museum an affordable option for customers. The gift shop serves all kinds of memorabilia for patrons.
Other events here
- Wright-B Wing Rib-Making Workshop Sun, Jun 9, 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Tie-Dye Workshop Sat, Jun 15, 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Summer Movies: Captain America Thu, Jun 27, 7:00 pm–11:00 pm
- Sky and Space: Flying Little Airplanes and NASA's Hubble & James Webb Space Telescopes Tue, Jul 9, 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Summer Movies: Brave Thu, Jul 25, 7:00 pm–11:00 pm
- WASP Congressional Gold Medal Dedication Tue, Aug 13, 4:00 pm–6:00 pm
- Summer Movies: October Sky Thu, Aug 22, 7:00 pm–11:00 pm
- Movies at the Museum: Escape from Planet Earth Thu, Sep 26, 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Movies at the Museum - Double Feature: The Birds & North by Northwest Thu, Oct 24, 5:00 pm–10:00 pm