Each week, Patch puts together a list of local activities and events going on in your area this weekend. Check back weekly and tell us in the comments if you know of any additional activities coming up.
To submit an event in the Patch events calendar, click on “Events” at the top of the page and then click on the green "Add an event" button on the right side of the page.
- Where: Gaylord National, National Harbor, MD
- When: Sunday, Jan. 6, 12 p.m.
- Description: Final weekend of the Gaylord National sculptures of ice. This year’s theme: Shrek.
- Cost: $15.99-22.99
Ode to an Ode
- Where: New Chicago Dance Studio, 7505 Greenway Center Dr, Greenbelt
- When: Saturday, Jan. 5, 8 p.m.
- Description: An evening of dance inspired by the poetry of past and present literary greats, performed by New Chicago Students, Faculty and Guests.
- Cost: $20
Cut: a new play by Crystal Skillman
- Where: Greenbelt Arts Center, 123 Centerway, Greenbelt
- When: Friday, Jan. 4, 8 p.m.
- Description: New play by Thunderous ProductionsCaution: This performance contains strong language. It is not recommended for children under 13.
- Cost: $17
RKC Kidz Expo - Free Admission
- Where: Rainbow Kidz City, 6816 Laurel Bowie Rd, Bowie
- When: Saturday, Jan. 5, 10 a.m.
- Description: RKC’s "Kidz Expo" features products and services for children from toddlers to young teens including furniture and accessories, educational products, toys and hobbies, health products and services, apparel and footwear, music and entertainment, arts and crafts, children’s boutique owners, food, safety products and services, schools and day care services, gifts, vacation and travel, parenting publications, and more.
- Cost: Free
Greenbelt Museum historic house tours
- Where: 10 Crescent Rd, Greenbelt
- When: Sunday, Jan. 6, 1 p.m.
- Description: The Greenbelt Museum historic house is open for tours.
- Cost: $1
- Where: 4310 Gallatin Street, Hyattsville
- When: Saturday, Nov. 24 – Saturday, Jan. 12
- Description: 75 different holiday related programs within 85 square miles of Anacostia Trails Heritage area.
- Cost: Free