Oh, Thursday! You're just not Friday. Here are five things you need to know today Hyattsville:
1. Prince George's County has set up an amnesty program for residents to turn in fireworks until July 20 without the threat of being fined or imprisoned.
2. Here are the latest specials at Franklin's: Mahi Mahi with succotash of fresh fava beans and roasted corn; fried steamer clams with fried lemons; seared tuna on corn and black bean salad; and pizza with a mound of arugula on top. Yummmm!
3. Care for some highlander music, Laddie? The Rogues, who were voted top Celtic band in a prestigious Battle of the Bands, will perform Celtic, rock and world styles at the Maryland Historical Society at 7:30 p.m. on August 18 at 201 W. Monument St. Baltimore.
4. Did you know that the frozen yogurt at is low fat? Yeah, healthy! And ... you can mix and match flavors and add all kinds of tasty toppings.
5. Do you have the eye of a tiger? Check out the HMB Boys and Girls Club website for more info.