You probably saw the new sign being installed at yesterday. Here are five things you need to know today about Thai food:
1. Thai cooking initially reflected a waterborne lifestyle including seafood, plants and herbs.
2. Rice is the main dish in Thailand. Most of the many Thai recipes that go with rice are hot and spicy and that is what Thai food is known for.
3. In Thai cuisine, there usually will be a soup, a curry, a steamed or fried dish, a salad and one or more basic sauces included in a meal.
4. Check out the origins of pad Thai, one of the most popular dishes for Americans who enjoy Thai food.
5. Here’s a great resource for Thai food recipes. If you end up making something delicious, Patch editor Sarah Nemeth is happy to serve as taste tester.