When it comes to fund-raising efforts for breast cancer causes, it’s the passion, the sisterhood, the tireless efforts and the pink tidal wave that seems to push millions of volunteers into action.
In Hyattsville, several businesses are working to help raise awareness and support breast cancer research.
Other ways you can help include:
- The American Cancer Society’s Making Strides Against Breast Cancer, which has raised about $400 million and has about seven million walkers in its events.
- The Susan G. Komen For the Cure® and Race for the Cure® events, which include more than 140 foot races and 1.6 million participants on four continents.
- The Avon Foundation for Women, with the Avon Breast Cancer Crusade, which has raised $700 million for education, research, screening, diagnostics and access to treatment.
- The National Breast Cancer Foundation, which was founded by Janelle Hail 30 years ago. She fulfilled her dream of helping others—in millions of ways. Donations to the NBCF’s Pink Ribbon Challenge go to programs that benefit women: namely free mammograms at hospitals, clinics, missions and mobile clinics.
- The PA Breast Cancer Coalition works with a network of grassroots partners. “This elite group of volunteers helps to raise awareness and donations… in every corner of the state in every way imaginable,” said Pat Halpin-Murphy, president and founder of the coalition.