.

Chillum Townhouse Fire Displaces Six

A Sunday evening fire caused $15,000 worth of damage, PGFD reports.

Six people are displaced following a Sunday evening fire inside a Chillum townhome, according to the Prince George's County Fire Department.

Responders were called shortly after 5:30 p.m. to a mid-row townhome at 1830 Avondale Place, said Assistant Chief Ron Bridges, a PGFD spokesman.

The blaze began as a kitchen fire, and the occupants of the home unsuccessfully attempted to put out the flame before calling for help, Bridges said.

No one was injured, but the fire displaced six and caused $15,000 worth of damage, Bridges said.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »