.

Small Fire Breaks Out in Hyattsville Home Saturday

Firefighters responded to a call on Oglethorpe Street.

 

Prince George's County firefighters responded to a call around 10 p.m. in the 3900 block of Oglethorpe Street Saturday night.

The fire was in the basement of the home, but three crews from the Hyattsville station knocked out the fire before it spread, according to the Hyattsville Volunteer Fire Department's facebook page.

Prince George's County Fire Spokesman Mark Brady said the cause of the fire was an unattended candle, creating a loss of $10,000 for the structure and contents.

No one was injured, Brady added.

 

This post was on updated Sept. 30 to reflect the cause and damage of the fire.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »