Aikido Kokikai of Hyattsville holds sessions in the first-floor gym of Prince George's Plaza Community Center, which is located directly across the street from the Hyattsvile Public Library. This training center focuses on teaching the modern Japanese martial art of Aikido, where one doesn't focus on punching or kicking, but rather using an opponent's energy against him. Aikido Kokikai of Hyattsville doesnt participate in competitions, however, it does compete in seminars, which are held three to four times every year.
- Hours: Wed, 6:45pm - 8:45pm; Sat, 9:30am - 11:30am; Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Street level parking and handicapped spaces out front
- Founding Date: Oct 01 1989
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Membership info: Residents of Prince George’s County and Montgomery County pay $50 per eight-week course; non-residents pay $60 per eight-week course
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of classes/week: 2
- Average class size: 10
- Number of instructors: 5
- Approx. male-to-female ratio: 70:30 males to females
- Type: Aikido
- Uses ranking system: Yes
- Uses weight classification: No
- Participates in competitions: No
- What is the school's training philosophy?: Our goal is to have every student to reach his or her full potential in the art of Aikido.