Tucked away on the bottom floor of Prince Georges County Building X, the Greenwood School boasts a diverse attendance of children from many different backgrounds and cultures. A community-based organization with a lasting impact on its attendees, former students have been known to come back to Greenwood for a visit before they head off to college.
The interior is very cozy and welcoming. Children's art is displayed proudly on the walls, said Laurie Meltzer Klinovsky, who bought the center in 1980 and moved it its present location seven years later.
- Fax: 301.458.4860
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:30am - 6pm
- Handicap Accessible: Doors, elevators, parking lot accessible
- Founding Date: Jul 01 1980
- Number of students: 135
- Religious affiliation: Quasi-governmental
- Accreditation/licenses: NAYC accreditation
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 2-to-1 for the youngest children, 4-to-1 for 4-year-olds.
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: metered
- Payments accepted: Cash, Personal Check
- Ages: Infants through Kindergarten
- Insured: Yes
- Licensed: Yes
- What's your organizational philosophy?: "Children learn best through play activity. We try to make the students feel relaxed."