Welch's Okinawan Karate-Do
A small dojo along a shady side of Hamilton Street, Welch's Okinawan Karate-Do has a spare waiting room, with the well-known Hokkaido wave print on the wall, along with posters explaining belt colors. A glass case in front of the studio holds trophies dojo students have earned.
- Hours: See website for class and sparring schedules.
- Payments accepted: American Express
- Membership info: Youngest age to enroll is 3 years.
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of classes/week: 15
- Type: Karate
- Uses ranking system: Yes
- What is the school's training philosophy?: Welch’s Okinawan Karate-Do also teaches Yakusoku Kumite, Ippon Kumite, Yotsu-Kado No Renshu and training with Bo, Nunchaku, Kama, Tonfa, Sai and Eku. We place heavy emphasis in conditioning and stretching for all Karate activities.